Thursday, October 13, 2011

SPICE TIP: CLOVE OIL

This tip is wrapped up in a story.

I have dealt with the bear that some people can become when dealing with tooth pain.  It is a sad sight truly for babies and adults alike.  I most recently had the pleasure of soothing the gums of my GodSun who will be 7months soon.  He is cutting his bottom teeth.  He gums anything he can get his hands on long enough.  He hasn't been sleeping like his usual self.  Poor thing.  He fusses and cries.  I can only imagine.  I don't remember teething as a baby but, I can remember my troubles  with the "Wisdom" teeth.  Ouch with  the swelling, throbbing pain.  There is inflammation, itchiness, pressure and aggravation.  So many little things can cause big headaches, really.  Eating is no fun either.  So I think of my experience and imagine a baby who may not know how to talk in grown up language but, he sure does know how to communicate!

So I listen...

He says, "Make it stop!  My mouth doesn't feel right!"

I respond, "Ok.  I hear you.  Please be patient ok?"

I get a small ceramic bowl and add a splash of olive oil. For those that NEED measurements, use 2 tbsp.  I follow with 3 drops of clove essential oil.  Get a cotton swab to stir the mixture and apply to needed areas along the gumline.

Grumpy baby turned happy says, "Thank you!  I feel so much better."
"Good. I am so glad that you feel better. You know I love to see you smile."
Happy baby smiles and laughs as he bounces with his legs while standing in his aunties lap, "Let's play!  What else is there to explore, Aura?"
I hug him tight and "The whole world, Yasir.  Better even to reach for the stars. For now, let's start over THERE!"

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment